Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf

Spicy food!! 
 My absolute favorite, in my family we have what we call Hot Pepper Wars!!
This is when my brother Jeff and I sit around our island in the kitchen and put the jar of peppers in the middle of us & we see who can eat the most.
Probably not the best idea or healthiest when it comes to acid reflux.. but it's definitely a lot of fun. Those of you who have witnessed or participated will attest. :) Yes we are kind of sick.

RECIPE:
Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf

This is a new recipe for me. Normally I always add vegetable into my meatloaf before I bake it but this time I added some spicier ingredients. 
Adding the cooked veggies makes the meatloaf so moist & delicious & healthier!

First I chopped up 1/2 onion, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1 jalapeno & 1/2 a cup of frozen corn.
Add the veggies, in a pan medium high heat with olive oil, salt & pepper, cumin & Frank's Red Hot & sautee til they begin to sweat. 
Then for extra flavor & spice add 1/4 cup salsa.
**While doing all of this pre heat oven to 375 degrees.

Take off the burner and let them cool for a few minutes. You don't want to burn your hands when you are combining it with the ground turkey.


In a big bowl combine the Ground Turkey (I like to use the 93/7 lean), one egg, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, splash of honey mustard, hot sauce and olive oil.
Fold in sauteed veggies.

And form the lovely loaf & add cheese!!
For this recipe I used Sharp Cheddar, you can really use any kind of cheese you'd like.


Pop that gorgeous creation in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cheese is bubbling & top in golden brown & enjoy!!
Happy Eating!

MELODIES:
Listening to:
I've been going back to my musicial theater roots lately & really have been re exploring one of my favorite musicals of all time: Les Miserables. If you haven't heard the music, you should. I grew up on this music and there is nothing quite like it. They just recently did the 25th Anniversary Live in Concert performance in London. It was fantastic.. I cried like 4 different times.CHECK it out!! I know they have been playing it on PBS recently, check your DVR :)

TUNES!!
Here is a recording of one of my more recent tunes:  
Another Way To See You
I love the way the vocals and guitar gorgeously compliment one another, it almost sounds to me like they are dancing together.. this tune features a good friend of mine Ron Bosse on guitar.


No comments:

Post a Comment