Friday, December 31, 2010

Impromtu dinner party for 7 & Electric Woods!

yesterday morning, I was bbm ing my best friend & bridesmaid Amanda (who is pretty much my other half) while working out & we decided to have a last minute dinner party at my new home. She lives in Newmarket & is getting her Doctorate in Fresh Water Biology, so amazing. She is saving the world one micro organism at a time.

So this dinner party worked out beautifully because I had arranged to start my side music project with my cousin Cody yesterday as well. So yes, there is a new tune with this fabulous recipe.

Cody & I began writing around noon & set the melody, chords & lyrics to the first verse & chorus & realized we were starving. So we headed downtown to Republic, one of the best all organic restaurants I have ever been to. Everything there is farm to table & local within NH & Maine. Incredible food, vibe & mimosas.. with prosecco.   Check it out: /http://republiccafe.com/

So we dined on cold antipasti consisting of whipped spicy feta, hummus & curried cauliflower & heavenly bread. & freshed squeezed oj & prosecco mimosas. Note: they serve water in the Patron bottles. Those of you who know me, know I would welcome Patron by bottle. :)

And we finished our second Verse!
After being fueled by Republic, we came back home & did a demo recording of the tune.

We are Electric Woods & this is the Wildflower sessions.
 


Dinner guests: My best girlfriends & bridesmaids: Amanda Murby, Meghan Shea & Autumn Rose Clarke, My fiance Bill Seney, my cousin Cody Booth, Bill's bestest : Jon Stillman in town from CO 
& of course the pups: Reggae, Ava & Maggie Mae


Dinner:
Herb salad: 
With 2 pears, 1 cup of walnuts & 1/2 cup of gorgonzola cheese.. we ended up adding tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, cranberries- Mana brought these lovely additions. It was fantastic.

Dressing: 1/2 cup of olive oil, half of a lemons juice squeezed, splash of white wine vinegar, salt & pepper.

Pan seared Tilapia:
6 filets, lightly dressed with Olive oil, cumin, chile powder & salt & pepper.
8 -10 mins on medium high in pan coated with olive oil, cook til golden brown.

Roasted Vegetables: recipes courtesy of my Aunt Dee Dee
2 Red Peppers
6-8 Brussel Sprouts: quartered
1 Yellow Onion
2 cups of Kale chopped
1 head of Cauliflower
1 Summer squash, chopped
3 cloves of Garlic

Pre heat oven to 300- 325 degrees. Chop veggies to your liking & dress with olive oil, cumin, salt & pepper. Pop into the oven for 1 hour... be sure to turn the veggies a few times within the hour.

Super easy, healthy & delicious.

Glorious drinks that accompanied dinner:
Barefoot Bubbly: Brut Cuvee $8.00/bottle fantastic price & taste
Martini & Rossi: Asti
Salmon Run Cold Brook White Wine

Here are the yummy images:



The food was delicious, but the company was better.

Beautiful way to end 2010 with my best friends & loved ones.

Happy Eating & New Year!!

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard the two of you sing together before. It sounds great! Quality of the recording is top notch and you sound beautiful. The food? Jealousy prevents me from commenting on that beautiful meal!

    ReplyDelete